CURRENT: SUCCESS!! I just RaN ACROSS AUSTRALIA!
Run STATS: July 13, 2019 - November 8, 2019, 2,210 miles, 119 days, 28-30 miles a day most days.
Intro to the project: Hi y'all! I'm Katie Visco! Ten years after my run across America, I am running across Australia July 13, 2019 through November 2019. The route begins on the northern coast in Darwin and heads south to Adelaide, through the Tanami, Central, and Simpson deserts. Instead of the ease of using vehicle support, my husband Henley Phillips is supporting me on bicycle, peddling about 400 pounds of gear, food, and water at a time. The 2,210-mile run will be the only known bicycle-supported transcontinental run across Australia. My purpose is to show a message to myself and others - let courage win, curiosity is extremely powerful and can be trusted, and to not, for one second, let fear undermine your dreams.
Check out OUR route across Australia:
DONATE TO OUR EXPEDITION!
Here's some perspective:
- $30 = food for Katie and Henley for one day
- $50 = a month's worth of health and nutrition support for Katie's training
- $125 = 1 hour of plane travel to Australia for Katie and Henley
- $200 = a huge help towards a camera so we can document the trip and share photos when we return!
- $10 = anything helps as we re-enter the USA looking to create our next life chapter
- $20 = an hour's worth of our time working on writing about our trip (a book?) and putting together our film(s)!
- $40 = a celebratory meal out for two
- $100 = a much needed massage
- $200 = one-time bike maintenance fee at local Adelaide bike shop
*Or send your donation for free on Venmo to @Katie-Visco-1 or on Paypal to email@example.com